Su questo progetto
Mostrare lista di necessità
Lockers for male children's room
Lockers so that the male children living in the school have a place to store their clothes, bag and belongings.
Purchase and built of 13 new window in the main building (90£ each).
More windows, doors, rendering in the new classrooms,
If the campaign were really successful, some more windows and doors will be purchased for the 4 new rooms.
|Totale||€ 1.812||€ 3.922|
Blue Sky is a school that was opened more than two years ago, near Nambala, Leganga and Tengeru´s area (a few kilometres far from the second biggest city in Tanzania, Arusha).
The school has a high percentage of sponsored children, as they families can´t afford the costs of their education. Throughout some fundraising campaigns, some projects in the school could have been undertaken to improve the infrastructure and the education quality. Thanks to these campaigns, in the last months there has been some projects to build some new latrines and four new classrooms (that have not been completed yet).
The aim of this campaign would be the construction of windows in the school and the purchase of wardrobes for the male children´s room that are living in the school. In case the fundraising was extremely successful and exceeded the expectations, some more windows could be built, the old latrines could be tiled and the new classrooms could be finished.
Descrizione del progetto. Caratteristiche, punti di forza e peculiarità.
The idea of the project is:
- To buy and build windows for bedrooms and classrooms. There are hardly any window in the school, and a high percentage of the funraising would be to buy material and to put windows in the most necessary places (bedrooms, baby-classroom,...). This will help to protect these rooms from dust, wind and rain.
- Wardrobes for the male children´s room. In January 2017, some wardrobes for the female children´s room were purchased. There are children that sleep in the school due to their personal circumstances (orphans, their houses are far enough,...) and they need a personal place to store their clothes and belongings.
Motivazione e a chi si dirige il progetto
After experiencing personally for more than three weeks the situation in the school, and after discussing it with the managers, we have thought it was convenient to focus the fundraising on these projects (windows and wardrobes) to meet children´s needs.
The wardrobes are important for the children to store their personal belongings. Regarding the windows, the whole area is full of dust, and some windows would be more than welcome for the cleanliness and health of the children.
If the campaign was more successful than expected, this extra budget could be used to finish some of the previous projects (painting the new four classrooms, tiling the old latrines,...)
Obiettivi della campagna di crowdfunding
The idea is to buy the wardrobes for the male children´s room and to buy and build as many windows as possible (to start, it would be good to have between 13 and 17 windows in the most necessary places). Prices:
- Wardrobes: 375 pounds = 1.231.625 tanzanian shillings
- Windows (each): 90 pounds = 250.000 tanzanian shillings
- If the funraising campaign was really successful, the extra budget could be used to finish some of the previous projects (painting the new four rooms, tiling the new latrines,...)
Blue Sky School´s staff (with Elena Ramos as head) are used to manage donations from campaigns undertaken by volunteers that go to the school to help for some weeks or months. There has been a good progress since the school opened, but there are still many things to do to improve the infrastructures, the school capacity, and therefore, the school enrolment in the region and the education quality.